How to reset your boiler
Often, a boiler can be returned to normal working order by resetting it. This is done by pressing the button or turning one of the thermostats to reset for 3 seconds before turning the stat back up.
Follow this simple how to guide to resetting your domestic boiler with step by step instructions from a qualified CORGI HomePlan engineer.
If your heating isn't coming on and you've checked the power supply and pressure you may need to reset the boiler.
It's a very simple and safe thing for you to do in your own home.
Follow these simple instructions to reset your boiler:
- Refer to your boiler manual.
- Push the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Wait 2 - 3 minutes, the boiler should fire up.
- Repeat twice if the first attempt fails.
- If the boiler still fails to fire up on the third attempt, double check the gas supply. If this is fine, it looks like you have a fault with the boiler and should call out an engineer.
- If the reset button is protected by casing, do not attempt to reset the boiler yourself, call out a professional.