CORGI HomePlan is operated by CORGI HomePlan Ltd, 1 Masterton Park, South Castle Drive, Dunfermline, KY11 8NX. CORGI HomePlan Ltd ("we/us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) (the "Act") the data controller is CORGI HomePlan Ltd.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (http://www.corgihomeplan.co.uk/). This includes information provided when you contact us, wish to sign up or wish to make a complaint.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes for fulfilling an order or enquiry or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Additional information you provide to us, including but not limited to, completed forms for marketing, prize draw or competition entry
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to provide us with aggregate information on the use of our site. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") to a jurisdiction which may not require the same level of protection as in the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, holding your personal data, the fulfilment of an order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which you have enquired about previously. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CORGI HomePlan Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.