At CORGI HomePlan we always try and bring you the best value for money possible, and look for ways we can help you save on your home heating costs.
And there are lots of quick and easy things you can do to lower your energy bills straight away.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money or a lot of time improving your home – these are just simple steps you can take, all around your home, to make it more energy efficient.
Here are our top 10 ways to save energy, and save you money:
- Energy saving light bulbs last up to 10 times longer, and each one can save you on average £3 a year. So if you have one in every room of the house, the savings can really add up.
- Insulating your home can immediately pay off. Loft insulation can cut your heating bills by 25%, and insulating your walls could save you over £100 every year.
- You can save 40% on your energy consumption just by switching your washing machine to a 30° wash.
- Save around £85 a year simply by turning your thermostat down by 1 degree.
- Always turn the lights off when you leave a room, and turn off electrical items when you’re not using them. Leaving them on standby uses power and so costs you money.
- Check that your fridge temperature is between 3°C to 5°C – the optimum temperature for energy efficiency.
- Watch your water – more showers and fewer baths can help you save money on heating and water bills.
- Fitting draft excluders to your doors and windows could save you £25 a year on your heating bills.
- Check your appliances. An “A” rating means it is the most efficient and so will be the cheapest to run.
- Make sure you have an energy efficient boiler. An “A” rated boiler could cut your annual heating bills by 30%.