Although boiler and central heating cover may not be top of your monthly expenses list, the thought of going without heat and hot water for a long period of time is an unsettling prospect.
The majority of households rely on a boiler and central heating system most of the time and expect it to work day in, day out. However, breakdowns and faults can occur all of a sudden with no notice.
In these situations, arrangements need to be made for a repair or replacement, a contingency plan for the days without heat and hot water has to be considered, while the final financial cost is sure to be expensive.
Therefore, it is little wonder that an increasing number of people are taking out boiler and central heating cover to avoid this regrettable occurrence. One of the most popular, affordable and comprehensive maintenance plans available is our HomePlan Starter solution.
- As part of CORGI’s HomePlan cover, you will receive full parts and labour cover as well as unlimited calls outs for your boiler and central heating system in the event of a breakdown. What’s more, this includes home electrics and plumbing systems at no extra charge.
- This all-encompassing protection comes with unlimited call outs and is excess free too.
- As part of the deal, a qualified engineer will carry out an annual service of your boiler. This is to ensure safety and efficiency is kept to a maximum at all times.
- If your boiler cannot be repaired and was installed less than 7 years ago, we will supply and fit a brand new replacement with the equivalent specification free of charge.
How much does it cost?
- CORGI HomePlan Starter costs just £16.99 per month. Compared to competing deals currently available, you could save yourself over £15 per month or £180 per year.
- For this affordable monthly fee, you will be able to contact our UK contact centre 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You will be appointed a personal claims handler to provide help and advice for any critical issues or problems.
- In the event of requesting a call out, a Gas Safe registered engineer will usually arrive on the same day or within 24 hours. For more emergencies and uncontrolled water leaks, we strive to have someone there in less than 2 hours.
Are there any limitations?
- To prevent claims against pre-existing problems and to keep prices low for the customer, there is an initial period of 30 days where a claim cannot be made. This is standard practice for most boiler and central heating maintenance companies.
- During the first three months of any CORGI HomePlan cover, claims on central heating are limited to £300 per event. However, after this period claims are unlimited. Plumbing and electrical faults are also limited to £2000 per event.
Who is CORGI HomePlan?
- CORGI HomePlan offers maintenance cover by bringing together a network of service companies to provide help and assistance for central heating breakdowns, scheduled servicing as well as plumbing and electrical emergencies.
- CORGI is a well-known and trusted brand that licensed the gas industry for almost 40 years. They are now the largest financial donor to the Gas Safety Trust, a charity that aims to provide greater awareness about carbon monoxide poisoning through research, training and education.